Posted on 09 April 2018
With the arguably the largest music festival in the world just around the corner, we thought we would provide you with the ultimate Coachella guide for guys. We’ll provide insight into what to wear, who’s playing and who’ll be there.
What to wear – from head to toe
Hat: 5 or 6 panel hats, or vintage caps
Glasses: Old school
Accessories: A cool coloured strap for your sunglasses or a small necklace, no long necklaces this season!
Shirt: An open loose fitting shirt is practical and stylish, have fun with it, bit of colour is what you want – You’re in the desert. Avoid all blacks and dark colours. You’ll get way too hot and everyone knows that if you wear bright fun colours you’ll have more fun.
Shorts: Shorts are a must, or loose fitting pants, with the sun bearing down in the desert, temperatures can reach 40+ degrees.
Shoes: You want to be wearing something comfortable for running around and dancing for 3 days straight. Converse High tops are great option, for ever stylish and a real timeless look. Comfortable and practical, also a little bit of ankle support 😉
Who’s playing Day 1:
- The Weeknd – Ethiopian-Canadian singer, songwriter, and record producer the Weeknd will headline day one with what promises to be a soulful and energetic set.
- Kygo – The king of tropical house, Kygo will undoubtedly deliver a fun housey set!
- Jamiroquai – If Kygo is the king of Tropical house, then these three are the kings of funk! Surprise inclusion and old favourite – Jamiroquai joins the Coachella lineup!
Who’s playing Day 2:
- Beyonce – Need I say anymore, BEYONCE. Yes Beyonce is really playing! It’s her first tour for a very long time.
- Cardi B – Straight out of the Bronx, Rap Queen circa 2017, Cardi B is the latest female rap sensation to grace the stage, performing all of her hits and who knows, she might even bring out husband and Migos member Offset!
- Post Malone – Post Malone is sure to delivery a set that will get you right in those feels.
Who’s playing Day 3:
- Eminem – Need I say anymore… Prepare to lose yourself with a set from the rap master out of Detroit!
- Odesza – The American duo out of Seattle have been dominating the electronic music scene since 2012.
- Vance Joy – Aussie favourite Vance Joy will be banging out all his classics, he won’t let us down!
Celebrities at Coachella
From Jared Leto to Zoe Kravitz, Coachella is famously known for hosting the world biggest celebrities. Coachella is socially “The must be at event of the year”. The festival will sure to be delivery a severe case of FOMO for those not attending.
We’ve got you
Not attending Coachella this year? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered. We’ll have feet on the ground so you can live vicariously through us on our Instagram: @mrmensmelbourne
You can also follow the action through Youtube who will be live streaming most of the festival on their channel.
By Aaron Brockley
email@example.com for all enquires